They get grimy, dirty, smelly and in can be some of the dirtiest things in your home. What are they? Your kitchen appliances! But with some everyday household items and a little bit of elbow grease, your kitchen appliances can look and smell like new for many years to come.
To clean your dishwasher:
Regularly clean the seams and liner of your dishwasher this will help reduce bacteria buildup and improve its effectiveness.
Scour the inside of your dishwasher with a pad dipped in baking soda to remove residue and stains from the interior surface and crevices of your dishwasher.
Run a regular cycle of wash with lemonade. The ascorbic acid will help remove any remaining buildup, and leave your dishwasher smelling clean and fresh.
To clean your oven/range:
Loosen baked-on food inside your oven using a plastic spatula.
Use the juice from two squeezed lemons to clean your oven. Place the juice into an oven safe dish, throw in the lemon remains and bake 30 minutes at 250 degrees. Now you have a clean and fresh smelling oven.
To clean your refrigerator:
Clean your refrigerator monthly.
Remove all of the food from your refrigerator and discarding items that are aged or expired.
Create a paste from ½ cup of baking soda with 1 tbsp of vinegar. Apply the paste to a soft scouring pad, and scrub. Wipe away any residue with a damp sponge,
Vacuum the undercarriage of your fridge.
Wipe down the outside with warm water and vinegar.
Keep baking soda at the back of fridge to help keep it smelling fresh.
There is no need for fancy cleaning products the things you have around the house will do just fine. Do you have any other tips for keeping your kitchen spic and span?
North Attleboro Listing AlertsAttleboro, MA - $289,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/132 minutes agoAttleboro, MA - $249,000 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:5 - Beds:3 - Baths:112 hours agoAttleboro, MA - $329,000 - Single-Family - Raised Ranch - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/113 hours agoAttleboro, MA - $247,400 - Single-Family - Colonial, Cape - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:113 hours agoAttleboro, MA - $239,000 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:6 - Beds:4 - Baths:116 hours ago
- Sick Concertgoers Swamp Mansfield With Ambulance Runs To Xfinity Center July 27, 2014Several concertgoers had to be taken to the hospital during Saturday night's Keith Urban concert at the Xfinity Center in Mansfield. […]
- Women's Political Caucus Action Committee Endorses Sara-Lynn Reynolds July 24, 2014The Massachusetts Women's Political Caucus Political Action Committee announced its endorsement of Sara-Lynn Reynolds for State Senator of the Norfolk, Bristol Middlesex District. […]
- Colorful lobsters make rare catch for Fla. chef July 20, 2014Three orange lobsters and a yellow, blue and brown lobster were caught recently off Maine for Bill Sarro, owner of Bill's Steak and Seafood in Naples. […]
- Fire alarms, fireworks focus of probe July 11, 2014A view of the devastating Branch Street apartment fire in Lowell this morning that killed four adults and three children and left many families homeless. […]
- Guidance counselor indicted on child rape charges July 9, 2014A grand jury has indicted a former North Attleboro Middle School guidance counselor and music teacher on charges that he had a sexual relationship with a 14-year-old student. […]
- Sick Concertgoers Swamp Mansfield With Ambulance Runs To Xfinity Center July 27, 2014