They get grimy, dirty, smelly and in can be some of the dirtiest things in your home. What are they? Your kitchen appliances! But with some everyday household items and a little bit of elbow grease, your kitchen appliances can look and smell like new for many years to come.
To clean your dishwasher:
Regularly clean the seams and liner of your dishwasher this will help reduce bacteria buildup and improve its effectiveness.
Scour the inside of your dishwasher with a pad dipped in baking soda to remove residue and stains from the interior surface and crevices of your dishwasher.
Run a regular cycle of wash with lemonade. The ascorbic acid will help remove any remaining buildup, and leave your dishwasher smelling clean and fresh.
To clean your oven/range:
Loosen baked-on food inside your oven using a plastic spatula.
Use the juice from two squeezed lemons to clean your oven. Place the juice into an oven safe dish, throw in the lemon remains and bake 30 minutes at 250 degrees. Now you have a clean and fresh smelling oven.
To clean your refrigerator:
Clean your refrigerator monthly.
Remove all of the food from your refrigerator and discarding items that are aged or expired.
Create a paste from ½ cup of baking soda with 1 tbsp of vinegar. Apply the paste to a soft scouring pad, and scrub. Wipe away any residue with a damp sponge,
Vacuum the undercarriage of your fridge.
Wipe down the outside with warm water and vinegar.
Keep baking soda at the back of fridge to help keep it smelling fresh.
There is no need for fancy cleaning products the things you have around the house will do just fine. Do you have any other tips for keeping your kitchen spic and span?
North Attleboro Listing Alerts
- Man Charged With Stealing Rolex Watches from Braintree and Wrentham Stores July 2, 2015Information in this article is from the Wrentham Police Department. Where arrests and charged are mentioned, they don't imply conviction. […]
- Newspaper Asks Judge To Unseal Court Documents For Ex-New England Patriots Star Aaron Hernandez June 12, 2015AUGUST 22: Aaron Hernandez sits in the courtroom of the Attleboro District Court during his hearing on August 22, 2013 in North Attleboro, Massachusetts. Former New England Patriot Aaron Hernandez has been indicted on a first-degree murder charge for the death of Odin Lloyd. […]
- Small Biz Spotlight: The Sleigh Maker Inn June 11, 2015Originally from North Attleboro, Deborah and James Bergeron have lived in Western Massachusetts, Virginia and Florida before returning to Massachusetts in 2005. With a combined background in real estate, customer service, fundraising and IT support, the Bergerons decided to pump their skills into a new venture. […]
- Porier details bill providing summer, after-school programs to motel kids June 11, 2015A bill that would provide state funding to send homeless children living in hotels to summer camps and after-school programs was hailed by supporters today as a way to provide respite to youth living in an otherwise bleak environment. Rep. Elizabeth Poirier, R-North Attleboro, said many youth organizations, including branches of the YMCA, offer services to c […]
- Marblehead Named a Top 50 'Safest City' in Massachusetts June 10, 2015ValuePenguin created "Small Cities," "Midsize Cities" and "Big Cities" categories for the Top 10 safest communities in the state. Though it didn't make the top 10, Marblehead's population of 20,209, according to ValuePenguin, would have placed the town in the "Big Cities" category. […]
- Man Charged With Stealing Rolex Watches from Braintree and Wrentham Stores July 2, 2015