They get grimy, dirty, smelly and in can be some of the dirtiest things in your home. What are they? Your kitchen appliances! But with some everyday household items and a little bit of elbow grease, your kitchen appliances can look and smell like new for many years to come.
To clean your dishwasher:
Regularly clean the seams and liner of your dishwasher this will help reduce bacteria buildup and improve its effectiveness.
Scour the inside of your dishwasher with a pad dipped in baking soda to remove residue and stains from the interior surface and crevices of your dishwasher.
Run a regular cycle of wash with lemonade. The ascorbic acid will help remove any remaining buildup, and leave your dishwasher smelling clean and fresh.
To clean your oven/range:
Loosen baked-on food inside your oven using a plastic spatula.
Use the juice from two squeezed lemons to clean your oven. Place the juice into an oven safe dish, throw in the lemon remains and bake 30 minutes at 250 degrees. Now you have a clean and fresh smelling oven.
To clean your refrigerator:
Clean your refrigerator monthly.
Remove all of the food from your refrigerator and discarding items that are aged or expired.
Create a paste from ½ cup of baking soda with 1 tbsp of vinegar. Apply the paste to a soft scouring pad, and scrub. Wipe away any residue with a damp sponge,
Vacuum the undercarriage of your fridge.
Wipe down the outside with warm water and vinegar.
Keep baking soda at the back of fridge to help keep it smelling fresh.
There is no need for fancy cleaning products the things you have around the house will do just fine. Do you have any other tips for keeping your kitchen spic and span?
North Attleboro Listing AlertsAttleboro, MA - $204,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:27 hours agoAttleboro, MA - $339,000 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/110 hours agoAttleboro, MA - $237,800 - Single-Family - Bungalow - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:212 hours agoAttleboro, MA - $249,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:6 - Beds:4 - Baths:2Attleboro, MA - $439,900 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:2
- North Attleboro Man Arrested After Allegedly Stealing From Foxborough Gym Parking Lot August 27, 2014A North Attleboro man is facing larceny charges after he allegedly stole a set of keys inside a Foxborough gym and used them to steal cash from a parking lot. […]
- RE/MAX Real Estate Center in Westborough opens doors August 18, 2014RE/MAX of New England announced the official grand opening of the Westborough RE/MAX Real Estate Center at 45 Lyman St. Owned by brokers Mike Gallagher and Annette Norton, the office has been operating since April 2014 and is a full-service real estate brokerage. […]
- Family Of Missing Fall River Woman Fears The Worst August 8, 2014Jennifer Mbugua's family says it doesn't make sense. The quiet woman who lived in Fall River suddenly vanished, but not without a trace. […]
- Capturing sights and sounds on the canal July 30, 2014Oh what a day. The Cape Cod Canal centennial culminated Tuesday in a party that had something for everyone: speeches, music, tugboats, food, fireworks and even pirates. […]
- North Attleboro Man Arrested After Allegedly Stealing From Foxborough Gym Parking Lot August 27, 2014